Campaign Legal Center Receives MacArthur Foundation Award for Creative & Effective Institutions
The Legal Center has 10 years' experience defending and enforcing campaign finance, election and ethics laws. There’s a lot to explain and keep straight given recent developments with Super PACs, changing laws, Citizens United, etc. We think our reports, papers, and other documents will help you understand the different elements at play this cycle and how to make sense of it all.
To watch Legal Center president Trevor Potter's numerous appearances on The Colbert Report, click here.
(AP Photo/Cliff Owen)
Stephen Colbert Helps Dedicate the Ham Rove Memorial Conference Room at the Campaign Legal Center
To read the press release about the dedication, click here.
J. Gerald Hebert Condemns the Supreme Court’s Shelby County v. Holder Decision Deeming Key Provisions of the Voting Rights Act Unconstitutional
“Elections for Sale” - to watch Trevor Potter on Bill Moyers & Company, click here.
"Big Sky, Big Money" - to watch Trevor Potter in the PBS Frontline investigative report, click here.
FEC General Counsel's Findings & Recommendations to Investigate Ignored
On July 30, reform groups asked the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to declare unlawful the dismissal of a complaint against the secretive political spending group Crossroads Grassroots Political Strategies (GPS) by the Federal Election Commission (FEC). The motion for summary judgment stems from the FEC’s failure to investigate Crossroads GPS for not registering as a political committee. The FEC Office of General Counsel had strongly recommended that the agency investigate in the face of evidence against the group but the Commission deadlocked along party lines leading to the dismissal of the complaint.
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;"
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;">
LATEST CLC UPDATE
LATEST PRESS RELEASES
- Watchdogs Call On FCC to Extend Online Political File Requirements to Cable and Satellite Systems
- Groups Seek Summary Judgment Against FEC for Dismissal of Crossroads GPS Complaint
- Watchdogs File FCC Complaints Against TV Stations that Failed to Properly ID Political Ad Sponsors
LATEST NEWS CLIPS
- Moyers & Company: The Next Step Toward Political Ad Transparency
- Bozeman Daily Chronicle: Zinke denies super PAC coordination
- Broadcasting & Cable: FCC Asked To Add Cable, Satellite to Political Ad Database
- The Connecticut Mirror: CT House incumbents winning political money race
- Washington Post: Coming soon: A campaign run entirely by super PACs