Campaign Legal Center Receives MacArthur Foundation Award for Creative & Effective Institutions
To read the 2014 Harold Levinthal Lecture delieverd by retired Justice John Paul Stevens on September 12, 2014, click here.
The Legal Center has 10 years' experience defending and enforcing campaign finance, election and ethics laws. There’s a lot to explain and keep straight given recent developments with Super PACs, changing laws, Citizens United, etc. We think our reports, papers, and other documents will help you understand the different elements at play this cycle and how to make sense of it all.
To watch Legal Center president Trevor Potter's numerous appearances on The Colbert Report, click here.
(AP Photo/Cliff Owen)
Stephen Colbert Helps Dedicate the Ham Rove Memorial Conference Room at the Campaign Legal Center
To read the press release about the dedication, click here.
J. Gerald Hebert Condemns the Supreme Court’s Shelby County v. Holder Decision Deeming Key Provisions of the Voting Rights Act Unconstitutional
“Elections for Sale” - to watch Trevor Potter on Bill Moyers & Company, click here.
"Big Sky, Big Money" - to watch Trevor Potter in the PBS Frontline investigative report, click here.
District Court Grants Summary Judgment Striking Down FEC Disclosure Rules That Spurred ‘Dark Money’ Abuses
Today in Van Hollen v. FEC, Judge Amy Berman Jackson of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia held that a Federal Election Commission (FEC) rule improperly narrowed the scope of the McCain-Feingold law’s disclosure requirements and allowed nonprofit 501(c)(4) advocacy groups, 501(c)(6) business associations, and others to spend millions on “electioneering communications” without disclosing their donors.
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;"
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;">
LATEST CLC UPDATE
LATEST PRESS RELEASES
- District Court Grants Summary Judgment Striking Down FEC Disclosure Rules That Spurred ‘Dark Money’ Abuses
- Colorado District Court Urged to Reject Another Challenge to Electioneering Communications Disclosure Provisions
- Fifth Circuit Reverses Lower Court and Restores Mississippi Disclosure Requirements
LATEST NEWS CLIPS
- Los Angeles Times: Judge to elections officials: Reveal sources of campaign spending
- National Law Journal: D.C. Judge Voids FEC Rule Limiting Donor Disclosures
- Center for Public Integrity: Election ads were about issues, says 'Carolina Rising' chief
- National Journal: Everyone on the Hill Gets Ethics Training—Except House Members
- Huffington Post: Democrats Used Twitter, Too, To Coordinate With Outside Groups