Campaign Legal Center Receives MacArthur Foundation Award for Creative & Effective Institutions
Supreme Court Challenge to Aggregate Contribution Limits Could Radically Reshape the Financing of Federal Elections
"Since Buckley, the Court has had multiple opportunities to revisit the constitutionality of federal limits on contributions, and for almost 40 years has refused to do so." - Trevor Potter
To read Trevor Potter's opening remarks at a National Press Club on the potential repercussions of McCutcheon v. FEC, click here.
The Legal Center has 10 years' experience defending and enforcing campaign finance, election and ethics laws. There’s a lot to explain and keep straight given recent developments with Super PACs, changing laws, Citizens United, etc. We think our reports, papers, and other documents will help you understand the different elements at play this cycle and how to make sense of it all.
J. Gerald Hebert Condemns the Supreme Court’s Shelby County v. Holder Decision Deeming Key Provisions of the Voting Rights Act Unconstitutional
Comedian Stephen Colbert Helps Dedicate the Ham Rove Memorial Conference Room at the Campaign Legal Center
To read the press release about the dedication, click here.
To watch Legal Center president Trevor Potter's numerous appearances on The Colbert Report, click here.
(AP Photo/Cliff Owen)
“Elections for Sale” - to watch Trevor Potter on Bill Moyers & Company, click here.
"Big Sky, Big Money" - to watch Trevor Potter in the PBS Frontline investigative report, click here.
On March 7, the Delaware Attorney General filed a brief in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware urging the Court to deny a motion for a preliminary injunction filed by the Plaintiff, Delaware Strong Families (DSF). The case, Delaware Strong Families v. Biden, involves a constitutional challenge to campaign finance disclosure provisions associated with Delaware’s new electioneering communications law.Read more...
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;"
http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/templates/clcsubstemplate/images/button.png); width: 405px; right: 0px; clip: rect(auto auto auto 403px); white-space: nowrap;">
LATEST CLC UPDATE
LATEST PRESS RELEASES
- Delaware Attorney General Files Brief in Defense of State’s Campaign Finance Disclosure Laws
- FEC Complaint Calls for Investigation of Possible Illegal Contributions & Coordination by Montana Congressional Candidate & Super PAC He Founded
- Legal Center Defends Mississippi Disclosure Laws in 5thCircuit Filing
LATEST NEWS CLIPS
- National Journal: How A Mysterious Redacted Document Could Affect Money in Politics
- CQ Weekly: Will Taxable Groups Hide Political Cash?
- Associated Press: Groups allege illegal coordination by Zinke
- Washington Examiner: Emails raise questions about White House knowledge of Sebelius' fundraising
- Roll Call: Former FEC General Counsel Returns to Battle